[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ 4.0.4 stable released

Frank Hartmann soundart at gmx.net
Sun Mar 16 15:55:38 CET 2014

Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Frank Hartmann <soundart at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Hm I tried, but did not get master to compile with or without cmake :)
>> Is the "norm" thing now required or did I hit the middle of something?
>
> It's in the middle of something; broken pull request.

Ok, I am now at commit 72c02b15694586a8b5afc6d7d2de025c358b6bb1 - the one before the "norm" pull.
and have build libzmq with autogen.sh flow and with cmake.

Using autogen I have

$ git clone libzmq libzmq-autoconf
$ cd libzmq-autoconf
$ ./autogen.sh
$ cd ..
$ mkdir build-autoconf
$ cd build-autoconf/
$ ../libzmq-autoconf/configure
$ make -j8
$ make check

"All 51 tests behaved as expected (1 expected failure)"

On the other hand, using cmake "test_fork" hangs

$ git clone libzmq libzmq-cmake
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake ../libzmq-cmake
$ make -j8
$ make test

$ bin/test_fork
Assertion failed: ok (/home/frank/curve/libzmq/src/mailbox.cpp:82)
Aborted

and hangs afterwards... I will try to compare build details(flags?).

regards
  Frank