[zeromq-dev] assertion failed "Access Denied" in (bundled\zeromq\src\signaler.cpp:318)

christophe chappet christophe.chappet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:00:52 CET 2014

Hi,
My configuration :
Win Seven
libzmq-4.0.4
pyzmq-14.1.0
Python-2.7.5 (default, May 15 2013, 22:43:36) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]

The context:
Several programs using zmq successfully launched as windows services that
run simultaneously on the PC.

The error:
when too many programs (about 10) using zmq run and I want to launch a new
one, I get:
"Assertion failed: Accès refusé.
(bundled\zeromq\src\signaler.cpp:318)"
when I call zmq.Context().

Already tried without success:
- Increasing Windows TCP socket limits by defining:
MaxUserPort: and TcpTimedWaitDelay as explained here:
http://support.uptimesoftware.com/article.php?id=271

The problem is probably related to "ephemeral port" but I dont' know how to
fix it.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Christophe