[zeromq-dev] Assertion fails in zmq.hpp line 267 when running C++ hello world client and server

Johnathon Ender johnathon.ender at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:46:42 CET 2014

Hello,

I have been attempting to run a C++ instance of the hello world client and
server in Visual Studio 2010 on a Windows 7 machine. I have taken both
examples from the git source, and both compile but fail when attempting to
debug. The failure is an assertion at line 267 of the zmq.hpp file where rc
== 0. I have created a stackoverflow thread attempting to figure out what I
am doing wrong, and you can reference the details at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22355457/is-changing-a-c-project-to-a-c-project-as-simple-as-including-the-related-hpp

I would like to note I was able to compile and run the C versions of both
these pieces of code without issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Johnathon Ender