[zeromq-dev] why do czmq methods take a char* parameter and not const char*?

Turkey Breast turkeybreast at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 14:39:44 CET 2014

yeah except czmq is not consistent about its usage of char* and const char*, it switches between them both. I'd prefer const char* as it's better from compiler view, human view and wrapper development (in C++).

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 11:54 PM, Gregg Irwin <gregg at pointillistic.com> wrote:
Hi Laurent,

LA> Software is not about what's one likes or not, but about standards,
LA> state of the art, rigorousness, and quality.

Some software may be, and standards and conventions are an important
aspect of communication, but software, until it's all written by
robots, *is* about what one likes or not. You even use the term "state
of the ART". :)

-- Gregg