[zeromq-dev] czmq: Error Traceability with assert(...) and release code

Christoph Zach czach at rst-automation.de
Fri Mar 7 15:13:11 CET 2014

Hi Guys,

We are currently planing on using czmq (directly and implicitly via zyre) to implement
some distributed services. By browsing the demo applications and the source
We found out that there are various places where 'assert( ... )' is used. This caused
one of the demo applications (compiled as release) to crash.

To further use zyre/czmq We are planing on replacing all the assert(...) statements
with actual error handling routines. Otherwise, if one of our applications
crashes on a customer's system We have to put in a lot of effort to find out
what actually happend (which is really complex/expensive when the system is not
remotely accessible). Therefore, We would like to know if the maintainer(s) of czmq
is interessted in getting our changes and merging them into the actual code
base or not.

Best Regards,

Christoph Zach

RST Industrie Automation GmbH * Carl-Zeiss-Str. 51, D-85521 Ottobrunn
Tel. +49-89-9616018-00 * Fax +49-89-9616018-10 * http://www.rst-automation.de

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Robert Schachner
Amtsgericht München: HRB 103 626 * ID-Nr. DE 811 466 035