[zeromq-dev] stonehouse and ironhouse examples - crypto being ignored in examples?

Turkey Breast turkeybreast at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 15:06:08 CET 2014

I've installed a brand new Debian wheezy, and installed these packages:

czmq-2.0.3.tar.gz
libsodium-0.4.5.tar.gz
zeromq-4.0.3.tar.gz

If I change the zauth_allow() call to a random IP address then the example still passes. Normally I expect it to refuse the connection from localhost since it isn't part of the whitelist:

  zauth_allow (auth, "8.5.3.6");

And in ironhouse2.c if I comment out the line where it saves the client's public key (which is loaded by the server_task), the server still accepts the client connection despite not having the public key!

This is a standard Debian wheezy install from scratch (nothing configured) using all the latest stable packages.