[zeromq-dev] auth and metadata in Go (ZeroMQ 4.1.0)

Peter Kleiweg pkleiweg at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 26 16:51:36 CEST 2014

Goswin von Brederlow schreef op de 26e dag van de zomermaand van het jaar 2014:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:06:06AM +0200, Peter Kleiweg wrote:
> >
> > I wrote some code in Go to deal with metadata. Here is an
> > example of how to use it:
> >
> > http://godoc.org/github.com/pebbe/zmq4#example-AuthStart
> >
> > This makes the most sense to me. Any suggestions?
>
> Note: I prefer functions/methods/variables starting with lower case
> and types starting with Upper case.

Uppercase is significant in Go. Anything with a lower
case initial letter cannot be accesses from outside.

> What is AuthStart() supposed to do? Is that a binding for zauth from
> czmq?

No. It's an independent implementation. I only use the standard
ZeroMQ library.

AuthStart() starts the listener of the ZAP socket.

> Why isn't that calles ZAuthNew and returns a struct ZAuth?

Because there can be only one ZAP socket, so only one handler
running.

--
Peter Kleiweg
http://pkleiweg.home.xs4all.nl/