[zeromq-dev] auth and metadata in Go (ZeroMQ 4.1.0)

Goswin von Brederlow goswin-v-b at web.de
Thu Jun 26 16:22:15 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:06:06AM +0200, Peter Kleiweg wrote:

> I wrote some code in Go to deal with metadata. Here is an
> example of how to use it:
>
> http://godoc.org/github.com/pebbe/zmq4#example-AuthStart
>
> This makes the most sense to me. Any suggestions?

Note: I prefer functions/methods/variables starting with lower case
and types starting with Upper case.

What is AuthStart() supposed to do? Is that a binding for zauth from
czmq? Why isn't that calles ZAuthNew and returns a struct ZAuth?

> Am I right to assume that when you send a multi-part message to
> a socket with authentication (or is it authorisation?), then
> each frame gets the same metadata attached? So I can read it
> from the first frame, and don't have to bother with metadata
> from the other frames?

Since all frames come from the same connection they will all have
identical metadata. So yes, read it from the first frame for a
multi-part message.

MfG
	Goswi