[zeromq-dev] Request Response with data partitioning

Doron Somech somdoron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 12:40:20 CEST 2014

I'm designing a new trading platform project using NetMQ.

The execution server (the one that process the trades) will have multiple
workers and each will be responsible for range of accounts (account needs
exclusivity). Currently there is no need for multiple execution servers
(maybe in the future).

My question is how to load balance the requests to the right worker? the
majordomo pattern is very close but each worker register for service and
here I need each worker to register for accounts.

What I have in mind is to allocate 10,000 (0-10000) keys and each worker
will be responsible for specific range within the 10,000 keys. Account will
have a random key in the range, multiple accounts can have the same key (it
is not the account id). Each request coming will have the key and load
balancer will route the request to the right worker.

In the future if another execution server will be needed each will be
responsible for different range and inside the server each worker will be
responsible for different range.

I didn't find a pattern in the guide for this, Am I inventing the will? Am
I missing something? Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Doron