[zeromq-dev] auth and metadata in Go (ZeroMQ 4.1.0)

Peter Kleiweg pkleiweg at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 26 11:06:06 CEST 2014

I wrote some code in Go to deal with metadata. Here is an
example of how to use it:

http://godoc.org/github.com/pebbe/zmq4#example-AuthStart

This makes the most sense to me. Any suggestions?

Am I right to assume that when you send a multi-part message to
a socket with authentication (or is it authorisation?), then
each frame gets the same metadata attached? So I can read it
from the first frame, and don't have to bother with metadata
from the other frames?

Some other questions:

What are standard metadata properties?
User-Id, Socket-Type, any others?

Why is User-Id set separately, instead of as just one of the
other metadata-properties? Historical error?

--
Peter Kleiweg
http://pkleiweg.home.xs4all.nl/