[zeromq-dev] JZMQ stable/production ready build

Trevor Bernard trevor.bernard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:44:48 CEST 2014

> thank you for the recommendation of JeroMQ - we were using it so far and it
> is definitely a very nice project I have to say. But for our upcoming
> project we need the best performance we can get and probably a multicast
> too. These are the reasons why we are "forced" to use JZMQ ...

>From my performance tests, JeroMQ has higher throughput and lower
latency than JZMQ. This has to do with the fact that crossing the JNI
boundary and working with byte arrays are expensive. I agree with
Benjamin, if you don't need security, domain sockets or multicat,
there is no reason to be to choose JZMQ over JeroMQ. Performance use
to be another one but it's no longer the case.