[zeromq-dev] API changes from 4.0 to 4.1

Peter Kleiweg pkleiweg at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 20 18:44:18 CEST 2014

Pieter Hintjens schreef op de 20e dag van de zomermaand van het jaar 2014:

> Can you explain what tests fail? There's no list of API changes though
> I can make one.

My tests don't cover everything.

I know zmq_event_t has gone.

>From the Go version of test_connect_resolve:

A socket connect for these two addresses return no error. With
version 4.0 they both return the error "invalid argument":

    "tcp://localhost:invalid"
    "tcp://in val id:1234"

The Go version of test_security_curve fails. The first bounce
should be succesful, all the others should fail with "resource
temporarily unavailable". That is what happened with ZeroMQ
4.0.4.

With 4.1.0 The first bounce fails too, with the same error.

The code for both tests is here:
https://github.com/pebbe/zmq4/blob/master/zmq4_test.go

I also implemented the Curve security examples: grassland,
strawhouse, etc. These behave indentical with ZeroMQ 4.0.4 and
4.1.0

The code is here:
https://github.com/pebbe/zmq4/tree/master/examples_security