[zeromq-dev] Problems building against ucLibc for ARM9 system

Ellis Andrew ajellisuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 16:29:21 CEST 2014

Hello

I am trying to build the hello world server and client. I can build the examples, but when I try and run them zmq_connect() returns 0, but errno is set to 11, and if I call zmq_send() -1 is returned and errno is set to 11.

I have configured the zmq source tree with:

./configure --host=arm-linux CC=arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc CXX=arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++

In the verbose from the configuration I see the following entries which concern me:

checking ifaddrs.h usability... no
checking ifaddrs.h presence... no
checking for ifaddrs.h... no

checking sys/eventfd.h usability... no
checking sys/eventfd.h presence... no
checking for sys/eventfd.h... no

If I configure for x86 the results for the above checks are "yes".

My question is how do I fix the above issues so that I can use the zero mq on my ARM9 platform?

Kind regards

Andrew Ellis