[zeromq-dev] C# Usage

Chris Hafey chafey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:01:46 CEST 2014

Hello All,
  I just started using ZeroMQ with C# and am unclear which library to use:

1) The ZeroMQ C# page says to use clrzmq
2) The clrzmq github suggests using NuGet to install it, but the only
stable release version is 2.2 from 2012 and is marked as "legacy"
3) There is a new "prelease" version 3.0.0.-rc1 on NuGet which was released
in 2012
4) There has been no activity on the github repo since 2012
5) The C# examples in the zeromq guide don't match the API in the
legacy/2.2 version, I am guessing they are matching the prerelease version.

Based on this, it appears that the C# project is not being maintained
leaving me to wonder which library to use.  The NetMQ library appears to be
actively maintained, but it is not part of the ZeroMQ project.  If the
official C# library is abandoned, maybe the page should be updated to
reflect this and point people to the NetMQ library?  Thanks for any help on
this.

Chris