[zeromq-dev] zeromq performance

Paul Phillips paul at marketgridsystems.com
Sat Jun 7 06:54:39 CEST 2014

Hi.  I have an interesting scenario when testing zeromq 4.0.4 on CentOS 6.5.  When I run local_lat and remote_lat using ipc, I get a latency of around 30 micros.  However, if I run them once in the background with a large round trips setting (so they keep running for a long time) and then run a second set, the second set always returns a latency of around 7 micros.  Basically, once I have one lot of stuff running in the background, subsequent stuff always seems to run much faster.  Is there any known explanation for this behaviour?

Regards, Paul Phillips

Director, MarketGrid Systems Pty Ltd
t: +61 419 048 874
e: paul at marketgridsystems.com