[zeromq-dev] Zyre Wi-Fi Rejoin Issue

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Jun 5 23:22:12 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Steve Rasmussen
<Steve.Rasmussen at rassimtech.com> wrote:

> The problem seems to be with the TCP/IP connection not the beacon. After a network break, the beacon reestablishes the connection, but no data is getting through the tcp/ip connection.
> It looks as if there are messages that are being buffered before the break and then delivered after. This prevents the "HELLO" message from getting through. I've tried various things, but the closest the I've come, so far, is to keep removing the peer until it is reported as being ready. I'm doing this in the "zyre_node_require_peer" function. If a peer exists I check to see if it is ready, "zyre_peer_ready" and if not, I remove the peer, "zyre_node_remove_peer". This seems to fix the problem that I'm having, but it seems a little kludgie.

Thanks for taking the time to analyse the problem.

In principle if the connection is re-established there should be no
new HELLO message sent. Can you find a way to reproduce the problem
easily?

Feel free to make a pull request with your change anyhow. I'm
reworking a lot of this code atm so will try to include your change if
I can reproduce the error.