[zeromq-dev] Cannot understand multipart identity

Andrzej Jackowski andrzejjac at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:18:01 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm using ZMQ 3 on Linux and I cannot understand behaviour of my code. I
have two applications connected with ZMQ's IPC. Client makes REQ socket and
connect to it and server makes ROUTER socket and bind to it. Then Client
send message to the REQ socket. According to ZMQ guide ROUTER should
receive 3 messages (identity, empty, content), but actually it gets 4
messages (2 frames of identity, empty and content). I've read ZMQ guide and
ROUTER socket code and I still don't get why there is this strange
multipart identity message.

This is part of my code:
http://pastebin.com/MWySYm2C

Could anyone explain it to me?