[zeromq-dev] Can zmq_pollitem_t contain an item with a NULL socket ?

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Thu Jan 30 10:56:04 CET 2014

In fact, it is in src/zmq.cpp / "int zmq_poll (zmq_pollitem_t *items_,
int nitems_, long timeout_)"

When the socket is NULL, zmq_poll takes the second attribute of the
zmq_pollitem_t structure which is a file descriptor. So, I cannot do
anything here, as "socket == NULL and fd == 0" is legitimate.

Conclusion: I have to deal myself with the complexity of not having NULL
sockets in my zmq_pollitem_t array.