[zeromq-dev] Linux: Qt support with ZeroMQ..

Justin Karneges justin at affinix.com
Mon Jan 27 20:00:39 CET 2014

Hi Goswin,

On 01/27/2014 03:46 AM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 11:34:13PM -0800, Justin Karneges wrote:
>> There are a few options:
>>
>> https://github.com/wttw/zeromqt
>> https://github.com/jonnydee/nzmqt
>> https://github.com/jkarneges/qzmq
>>
>> It sounds like you've downloaded zeromqt. The project should contain
>> README.markdown.
>>
>> I am the author of QZmq and can help with it if you'd like.
>
> Can you give a few words of what makes each of them good or bad
> please? Why did you start your own project instead of using on of the
> other two?

It's been a year and a half since I created QZmq, so I cannot remember
the exact reason, but I believe it was because neither Zeromqt nor Nzmqt
supported fully event-driven reads and writes (at least at the time),
and I didn't agree with the headers-only style of development used by
Nzmqt so I thought I'd try my own rather than contribute.

So the advantage of QZmq is it supports write notifications, and it also
includes a Valve class which makes it easy to implement backpressure.

Probably one should choose between Nzmqt or QZmq. I believe Zeromqt has
gone unmaintained, and its own documentation suggests uses Nzmqt instead.

Justin