[zeromq-dev] Associating messages to authenticated clients

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Jan 21 14:04:07 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:17 AM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b at web.de> wrote:

> I played around with that and you can test it:
> https://github.com/mrvn/libzmq/tree/mrvn
>
> So far the code compiles (for me). I haven't had time to write a
> proper test case for it yet. But I've modifed tests/test_security_curve.cpp
> to call zmq_msg_get_user_id() and that seems to work:

Awesome... could you push this as a pull request so we can play with
it. Please check https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/issues/802 where we
were discussing this.

I'd like to be able to access all sender metadata for a message,
eventually, and allow clients to set metadata before connecting.

Breaking the zmq_msg_t structure is problematic, it means recompiling
applications as the size is defined in zmq.h.

Perhaps we could add a new type, zmq_frame_t, for this, and take the
opportunity to fix that msg/frame fuzziness.