[zeromq-dev] ZMQ2 and 3 in the same executable

Yellow Dog yellowdog967 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:17:01 CET 2014

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried searching but didn't find
anything.

I am currently using ZMQ2 for a number of different connections to the same
executable. I am using the acl-zmq Lisp wrapper provided by marijnh.

I would like to upgrade to ZMQ3, but would prefer to do this piece by
piece. As such, I would like to be able to have my executable talk to one
component using ZMQ3 and keep the rest working with ZMQ2 until all
components are migrated.

I have run into a few problems which I am trying to debug, but before I
spend much time I figured I would ask the community if it is possible to
use libzmq2 and 3 in the same executable and if anybody is successfully
doing so?

All the best,

Kevin