[zeromq-dev] pyczmq and ctx.set_linger()

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sat Jan 18 08:26:58 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Greg Ward <greg at gerg.ca> wrote:

> Would it make sense for pyzmq to wrap CZMQ as well?

Mirroring other languages, what we see is a bootstrap phase where
wrapping C helps us get off the ground, yet where the long term profit
comes from rewriting the functionality in the developer's language.

This is what we're seeing in Java, C#, even Erlang.

CZMQ was, is, meant to prototype higher-level concepts. The valuable
thing for users is that our domain language is consistent. So a
"frame" vs. a "message", so an "authentication handler", a
"certificate" mean the same and are interoperable.