[zeromq-dev] Virtual Adressing

Mirjam Friesen mfriesen at tpip.net
Tue Jan 14 12:45:25 CET 2014

Hi,

I like the concept of virtual addressing as described here: http://hintjens.com/blog:39#toc11. As I understand ZMTP 3.0 I can use resources to generate virtual addressing. So I did a little play around with libzmq 4.0.2. which should implement ZMTP 3.0.
It was possible to bind a socket to "tcp://*:5555/myaddress" and connect another one to "tcp://localhost:5555/myaddress, well so far.
My Problem is I can connect a socket to "tcp://localhost:5555/somethingelse" and it looks like it also connects to the first resource. I got the impression, that the resources were simply ignored. Did I understand it wrong?

I would be happy, if someone could explain how to use resources.

Mirjam