[zeromq-dev] How do we activate and connect to WiFi hotspots in edgenets?

Lindley French lindleyf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:55:40 CET 2014

In the short term that may be the only solution that's workable without
root access on at least some of the phones. I think the full benefits of
EdgeNet won't be realized until arbitrary phones can serve as routers or
data mules without the user knowing or caring, though.

I still think WiFi Direct has a place in the solution, when it's available.
According to Wikipedia, only one phone of a group has to support WiFi
Direct for the entire group to use it.