[zeromq-dev] Off-Topic but Relevant - skip if you don't want to reply

Lindley French lindleyf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 17:08:12 CET 2014

There are at least two reasons to put messages on a queue served only by
the GUI thread. First, to update a GUI. (Most frameworks don't let you
updates GUI elements from background threads, or at least not efficiently.)
Second, some systems *cough*Android*cough* have OS callbacks that only
occur on the main thread of a program and can't be repositioned to other
threads.

That said, you haven't given us enough information to really judge if
there's a problem with the design or not.