[zeromq-dev] When unreliability is desired

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sat Jan 4 19:20:06 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM, Lindley French <lindleyf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've pushed the changes:
> https://github.com/LindleyF/libzmq
> Note that this just builds---I doubt very much that it works yet.

Looks good for a start.

> I wasn't sure what to do about the copyright notice so I left the Crossroads
> text mostly in place, with a note that I modified it for 0MQ.

I've asked Martin Lucina for permission to use our standard model of
putting all attribution in AUTHORS. For the rest of the header, it's
fair to use the "This file is part of 0MQ." text, without further
attribution to XS (when XS forked from ZeroMQ, that was likewise how
it went on all sources.)

I'm wondering if, for all transports, it wouldn't be useful to have an
interface enumeration method in libzmq (much as we're doing in zbeacon
now).