[zeromq-dev] msvc12 project with libsodium

Balázs Varga bb.varga at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 22:10:41 CET 2014

Hello all,

Since there's no libzmq with libsodium in the windows installer
(v4.0.1). I tried to build my own, I added a msvc12 solution, and
updated the project files, here it is:

https://github.com/bvarga/libzmq

I could successfully built libzmq and libsodium with Microsoft Visual
Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop. If somebody wants to try,
just clone my repo, and the libsodium repo next to each other, and
before building libzmq build libsodium.

However, I'm not sure this is the way, I mean linking statically.
Since I'm not familiar with msvc, I just tried to go ahead a little
bit, I needed a dll to play with.

what if we have libzmq.dll and libsodium.dll separately, and libzmq
would load libsodium.dll through delayed loading
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/151kt790.aspx), but since I'm
not an expert, don't even know it's possible, and the right way.

What do you think?

Balazs