[zeromq-dev] Heartbeating using TCP keepalives

Alex Grönholm alex.gronholm at nextday.fi
Thu Jan 2 19:55:50 CET 2014

02.01.2014 15:59, Pieter Hintjens kirjoitti:
> It makes sense, and I'd try this; the timeout should be in msec, to be
> consistent with other duration arguments. You can take any of the
> existing socket options like ZMQ_SNDBUF as a template, and make a pull
> request.
Wouldn't it be enough to document that the values are expressed in
seconds and not ms?
Who needs sub-second accuracy with keepalives?
Besides, converting the values on non-Windows systems would break
backwards compatibility.
Are you fine with that? This definitely should not be done in a micro
release.