[zeromq-dev] Application loop methods

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Thu Jan 2 16:22:07 CET 2014

Hi all,

I was reading through czmq's zloop class and wondering what methods
exists for creating application loops. I'm used to using frameworks
which handle these so I'm not really 'under the hood' often. From what I
can tell zeroMQ uses filedescriptor polling a lot
(select/poll/epoll/kqueue?) zloop also uses timed events.

QT/GTK have there own event system, QT uses signals but I think they are
the same as events. I've also read about using (unix) signals for
handling loops.

It seems select, poll, epoll and kqueue are very efficient. What methods
exist more? What do people advice or use most frequently?

Rg,

Arnaud
--
w: http://www.sphaero.org