[zeromq-dev] pyzmq curve example code

Greg Ward greg at gerg.ca
Tue Feb 25 22:12:31 CET 2014

On 24 February 2014, MinRK said:
> How did you build libzmq and/or install pyzmq? It could be that you don't
> have libsodium linked, in which case the curve_keypair would fail. If
> that's the case, obviously the error message should be better.

My original setup from several weeks ago:

  * git clone everything (libsodium, zeromq, pyzmq, czmq, pyczmq)
  * build each project and install to /usr/local/zmq

But that seems to have decayed somewhat. I noticed an error from
pyzmq's setup script about libsodium in the umpteenth build yesterday.
I think maybe I'll start from scratch with a fresh prefix dir and see
if that clarifies things.

Oh, BTW, I ended up strace'ing the "No such file or directory" error,
and there doesn't seem to be *any* stat() or open() calls right around
there. Is it possible something is incorrectly reusing errno? I'll dig
deeper once I have everything built cleanly from scratch.

Thanks for the tip --

       Greg