[zeromq-dev] Just a simple quick question about ZeroMQ security.

crocket crockabiscuit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 22:28:41 CET 2014

As far as I know, there are 3 security mechanisms.

1) public/private key pair
2) password
3) NULL

A key pair might be easy for non-technical people to use if we provide
easy-to-use softwares.
We generate key pairs and inform people that we have generated key
pairs for them.
They'll use public key as their ID on the internet. However, I don't
know whether it'll work out well.

A password? I'm not sure how secure it'll be. People often use plain passwords.

Has anyone found a way to make ZeroMQ security easy for your grandma?