[zeromq-dev] How should sockets be destroyed?

Olaf Mandel o.mandel at menlosystems.com
Mon Feb 24 18:13:45 CET 2014

Am 24.02.2014 18:04, schrieb Laurent Alebarde:
> By default, you are allowed 1024 sockets per context. After having
> created the context, you shall increase the quantity of sockets allowed:
>
>         rc = zmq_ctx_set (ctx, ZMQ_MAX_SOCKETS, 10000);
>         assert (rc == 0);

-Snipp-

Hello Laurent,

maybe I am just unclear on the documentation and intended behaviour: is
ZMQ_MAX_SOCKETS intended to be the number of sockets for the context at
any one time or is it the absolute number of sockets that may be created
over the life-time of the context?

In the latter case I don't think REQ-REP with e.g. the Lazy Pirate
Pattern work for long-running programs: they would eventually run out of
sockets to create.

Best regards,
Olaf Mandel