[zeromq-dev] ZMQ Issue

Kumar, Dundigal Satish dskumar at firstam.com
Mon Feb 24 12:01:09 CET 2014

Hi Team,

We are using ZMQ in our WPF desktop application and Its working fine in Developer machines but encountering the below error when we execute the Application in End User Machine. Seems ZMQ trying to connect to the other version 32/64 bit of assemblies internally.
We tried by using the x86 &  x64 bit versions but no luck.
the same

Please review and help.

System:-
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
64Bit

WPF Application:-
Build executable in in 'Any CPU' mode.

Code:-
End user connects through the IP which configured.
try
        {
            ZMQ.Context context = new Context();
            ZMQ.Socket server = context.Socket(SocketType.DEALER);
            ZHelpers.SetID(server, Encoding.Unicode);

            string location = "tcp://xxx.xx.xxx.xx:"; (System IP where END Users can connect)
            int bindPort = 5555;

            location += bindPort.ToString();
            server.Connect(location);
        }
        catch (System.Exception ex)
        {
            EventLog.WriteEntry("ZMQ Exception:-",ex.StackTrace);
        }

Exception:-
Message:- An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
StackTrace.
   at ZMQ.C.zmq_init(Int32 io_threads)
   at ZMQ.Context..ctor() in c:\Users\Johnny\Documents\Projects\clrzmq-2.2\src\clrzmq\Context.cs:line 87
   at FirstAmerican.RubiSoft.Verification.ServerCommunication.Init() in d:\RND\OCR\RubiSoft\Source\RubiSoft\UI\OCRVerification\Shared\ServerCommunication.cs:line 60

Thanks,
Satish

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial
messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.~