[zeromq-dev] Extending pipeline model, distributing jobs based on the type of job to specific workers

aman mangal mangalaman93 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:54:48 CET 2014

Thank you so much for everyone's reply. I tried using push/pull on
different sockets (because it was the simplest thing I could try), and I
believe it worked (I tried it even before sending this email but it wasn't
working for reasons I could not understand). I will try Majordomo and Freelance
when I have more time, they were too complicated for me to understand as I
am a beginner. I tried to understand the concept of socket identity which,
as I understand, is handled by zeromq for me in the simple models.

Though I still do not understand why in case of pub/sub HWM option is hard
coded. Giving a configuration option would have made much more sense to me.
I can understand that it is not a good idea to have publisher blocked
because of a slow subscriber but let the programmer decide.

Thank you so much once again, It was my first experience with zeromq and I
loved it. I will definitely use it in future. Zeromq is amazing and solves
one of the biggest challenge of Distributed System quite efficiently.

Aman Mangal
4th year Undergraduate Student
IIT Bombay
www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~amanmangal