[zeromq-dev] Effect of RCVHWM on pull socket at context termination?

Jonathan Kamens jkamens at quantopian.com
Mon Feb 17 22:06:37 CET 2014

I'm surprised that there has been no response to the question below,
which I posted a week ago. Is there some other, more appropriate forum
in which I should post it?

It seems to me that the behavior I observed, which is easily
demonstrated by the Python script I included in my message, reflects at
least a significant documentation gap which should be filled in (there
is no explanation in the documentation of the effect of RCVHWM on a PULL
socket), and at most a zeromq bug which leads to data loss (contrary to
what the documentation says, zmq_term() allows a context to be
terminated when not all messages have been transmitted).

Thank you,

Jonathan Kamens