[zeromq-dev] Poller choice in configure or poller.hpp

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Feb 17 16:54:07 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Olaf Mandel <o.mandel at menlosystems.com> wrote:

> I decided to go the other way and completely remove the code that
> chooses the poller mechanism from poller.hpp. Now I rely on the
> configure script to make the choice: pull req #899

Sounds good.

> But before this can be considered for inclusion into master, can someone
> review / test it?

Nah. We trust you :-)

I'm kidding, it's not a trust system. Read
http://rfc.zeromq.org/spec:22 for the full details.

The fastest way we've found to purge mistakes is to merge to master
aggressively. We sometimes pause if there's a failing build or if the
patch is really obviously insane.

You've not broken any existing test cases, at least on Linux.