[zeromq-dev] Which C++ binding

Sean Lynch lynchseanm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:36:18 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm new to zeromq and have a question about the C++ bindings.

I see that there are two different implementations. There is cppzmq
which looks like just a thin wrapper around the C library, and there is
zmqpp which is more involved and looks more like a typical C++ library
rather than a thin wrapper.

I'd like to know if there is a 'standard' or 'recommended' binding and
if so, which one?

Also, related to zmqpp, another bit of confusion comes from the fact
that the link to zmqpp is to Ben Gray's zmqpp repository, but this is
actually a fork of zeromq/zmqpp. All of the most recent work has been
done on zeromq/zmqpp, so I'm unsure why the link would point to
benjamg/zmqpp and not zeromq/zmqpp.

Thanks.

-Sean