[zeromq-dev] JZMQ Windows Instructions

artemv zmq artemv.zmq at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 16:05:52 CET 2014

Hello  Joerg.Specht,

Recently I have created  the guide for my team. They are happy, it usually
takes near 15 min, if you did it before.

Check it out.

ZMQ build guide for win7_x64 (for dev)

*Install CMake *

http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.12.1-win32-x86.exe. NOTE: you
need it to build JZMQ.

*Install OpenPGM 5.1.118*

http://miru.hk/archive/OpenPGM-5.1.118-win64.exe . NOTE: you need it in
order to have reliable multicast support in ZMQ.

*Install VS2010*

You need VS to build ZMQ in PGM_mode and for win_x64.

*Install ZMQ*

 http://zeromq.org/intro:get-the-software. NOTE: *3.2.4* is stable release
and has stable java JNI binding (JZMQ); *4.0.3* is stable as well, but JNI
binding for it is still being developed.

1.    Open VS and in windows sources go to *...\builds\msvc*, open VS10
project.

2.    Go to *libzmq -> Properties*; Go to *Configuration Manager ...*; In
*Configuration* select *WithOpenPGM*; In *Platform* select *x64*.

3.    Now you need to setup PGM stuff for build. Go to *C/C++*
section, in *Additional
Include Directories* put path to PGM' include directory (on my computer it
was: *C:\Program Files\OpenPGM 5.1.118\include*).

4.    In *Linker* section, go to *Additional Library Directories* and
specify lib directory of PGM (on my computer it was: *C:\Program
Files\OpenPGM 5.1.118\lib*). Then go to *Input* and in the *Additional
Dependencies* put *libpgm.lib*.

5.    Rebuild *libzmq*. Locate the the .dll (on my computer it's in
*...\bin\x64*).

*Install JZMQ*

Download corresponding JZMQ version. For example this one should be good:
https://github.com/zeromq/jzmq3-x/tree/v3.0.0 . Then follow instructions
beginning from step#3 in *Windows 64bit Build Instructions* section.

NOTE: you have to edit provided *CMakeLists.txt* file. Open it and locate
*include_directories* section, put absolute path to ZMQ' include directory
(on my computer it was: *D:/lib/zeromq-3.2.4/include*). Then locate
*link_directories* section and put absolute path to ZMQ' lib directory (on
my computer it was: *D:/lib/zeromq-3.2.4/lib/x64*).