[zeromq-dev] Using ZMQ for video multicast

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Feb 14 10:40:24 CET 2014

George,

You can probably send video to a handful of recipients over TCP, using
pub-sub sockets. It depends totally on the video size, compression,
etc. UDP multicast isn't going to help unless the recipients are on
the same network. Semi-reliable UDP (like UDT) might help on some
networks. However TCP will mostly do just fine for your case.

-Pieter