[zeromq-dev] Protocol Plugins

Benjamin Cordes benjamin.l.cordes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:07:39 CET 2014

P.S. as I understand the tao of 0mq, the idea is to get rid of all these
idiosyncratic patterns. for example in the socks5 RFC you have this, see
below. the document was written in 1996. now its 2014, so it should be
possible to do this in better ways, unless you have to talk some other
server which only speaks that language (in that case you can write a
mapper).

  The values currently defined for METHOD are:

          o  X'00' NO AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED
          o  X'01' GSSAPI
          o  X'02' USERNAME/PASSWORD
          o  X'03' to X'7F' IANA ASSIGNED
          o  X'80' to X'FE' RESERVED FOR PRIVATE METHODS
          o  X'FF' NO ACCEPTABLE METHODS