[zeromq-dev] ZMQ_STREAM with inproc ?

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Sun Feb 9 00:16:48 CET 2014

When I replace the tcp address "tcp://127.0.0.1:5556" with an *inproc*
one, say "inproc://testStream", in /tests/test_stream.cpp/, the test
fails. It asserts on

rc = zmq_recv (stream, buffer, 255, 0);
     assert (rc == 0);

The documentation for sockets says: "/A socket of type 'ZMQ_STREAM' is
used to send and receive TCP data from a //
//non-0MQ peer, when using the tcp:// transport/.", so, possibly the
cases other than tcp are not valid ?

If the answer is positive, I think it should assert as soon as the
socket  binds or connects to a none tcp address.

As ZMQ_STREAM has a raw behaviour, it is interesting for many things. It
would be nice to be able to use the other transports with it.