[zeromq-dev] Errors trying to use jzmq in eclipse

Kenneth Adam Miller kennethadammiller at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 20:12:56 CET 2014

So, I've compiled and installed both libzmq and jzmq according to the
instructions here:

http://zeromq.org/bindings:java

(I didn't do any of the setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the other stuff)

And in a eclipse java project, I have the library
/usr/local/share/java/zmq.jar set in eclipse properties.

But I keep getting this error:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7f991db7d8d85a37a8be

In my run configuration, I specify:

-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib -classpath /usr/local/lib/libjzmq.a

in the VM arguments in order that it find the libjzmq without a hitch...
I don't know how to fix it, and it's really vexing to me because the
eclipse auto complete doesn't complain about the fact that I have

import org.zeromq.ZMQ;

in my project, it blows up because I followed an example,
http://zguide.zeromq.org/java:hwclient , and the only line I have in main
is the context creation,

ZMQ.Context context = ZMQ.context(1);

PS
I found the following pertinent to my case:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18902341/installing-the-java-zeromq-binding-jzmq-using-maven-missing-native-code-libra