[zeromq-dev] Using pyczmq for zcert/zauth only

Nicolas nicolas.delaby at ezeep.com
Thu Feb 6 15:03:38 CET 2014

On 02/06/2014 12:16 PM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 08:47:10PM +1030, Chris Laws wrote:
>> I think that the pyzmq master can meet your needs.
>>
>> I added pyzmq implementations for each of the hintjens security examples
>> (iron house, woodhouse, etc) when I submitted the pyzmq.zauth into pyzmq.
>> This change also included the ability to read and write CZMQ compatible
>> zcert files. The tests might also show you how to use the auth module too.
>>
>> I use the pyzmq.zauth module in a combined pyzmq/CZMQ system.
>
> Great. I'm going to try that out next week.

Hi Goswin,
There is a real life example of a project using pyzmq + zap protocol.
https://github.com/ezeep/pseud

I used the unit test of pyzmq to learn how to use it. I can confirm they
are the best documentation so far :)

The implementation of pseud still suffers by the issue raised by
https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/issues/802. So it does not offer yet
all feature it promises, but at least encryption works.
Reliable authentication will come later once #802 is fixed.

Regards,

Nicolas