[zeromq-dev] Fwd: Contributing udp ping code example to the guide

James Chapman james at linux-101.org
Tue Dec 9 11:59:38 CET 2014

Hello

I'd like to contribute the following code example to the guide. I
wrote this while trying to come to grips with the idea of UDP ping but
I'm unsure of whether it's worthy of contribution because it's not a
pure translation of the original.

https://github.com/James-Chapman/zeromq-snippets/blob/master/ZeroMQ-testing/Discovery/udpping.cpp

I've forked the guide, so if there are no objections should I put in a
pull request?

Apologies if my question seems stupid, there just doesn't seem to be
much in way of what's considered acceptable for a translation and how
open to interpretation a translation can be.

Thanks

James