[zeromq-dev] zyre chat example

Chad Koski chad at koski.com
Thu Aug 28 16:54:07 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I’ve rewritten the zyre chat example to use a zactor instead of zthread.   Why? The chat program isn't working as-is (at least not for me).  When I started digging in, I saw the comments in zactor.c indicating that this class is intended to replace the the zthread class for normal use.  Rather than struggle with the deprecated code, I rewrote the sample in terms of the new model, and it works now.

Is this something of interest to the community?  If so, should I replace the existing chat example, or add a new example to the project?  Sorry if the question is obvious or basic.  Just trying to get it correct before I create a pull request (if anyone wants it of course)

Thanks,
Chad