[zeromq-dev] Introducing ZWSSock - ZeroMQ WebSocket transport bridge in C

Doron Somech somdoron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 20:07:24 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I'm happy to introduce ZWSSock, implementation of ZWS in C. The API of
ZWSSock is very similar to zsock of CZMQ v3.

You can take a look here: https://github.com/somdoron/zwssock

Zeromq WebSocket (ZWS) protocol is mapping for ZeroMQ over WebSocket.
JSMQ is a javascript library that implements ZWS.

With ZWSSock and JSMQ web applications and CZMQ applications can
communicate over zeromq.

Both the library and ZWS are in early stage and the protocol will probably
change.

The project will use C4.1 process once more maintainers will join, so
please join! Also the project is currently not a cross-platform and only
compile with Visual Studio, if you want to help and create make script (I'm
a windows developer :-)) it will be great. As C is not my primary language
cleaning the code and make it more C style will also be welcomed.

Regards,

Doron