[zeromq-dev] Problems with pub/sub and ZMQ_CONFLATE flag

Konz, Barbara Barbara.Konz at ipk.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 20 11:55:35 CEST 2014

Hello,

a few days ago I started with zmq and so far most tests I did turned out really fine.

I need a pub/sub environment where my subscribers only receive the most recent message. Therefore, I set ZMQ_CONLFATE with option_len = 1

This works well for tcp and icp and several subscribers. When I use inproc, what so far seemed to be the fastest protocol, only one subscriber can receive a message.
By this I mean if my publisher sends a message only the first subscriber can receive it. All subs after that won't get any message until a new one is broadcasted and this can only be received by one sub, too. When I set option_len = 2 this is not a problem any more even I have more than 2 subscribers.

Is there a solution for this or did I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Barbara