[zeromq-dev] posix_assert() in zmq_send()

George P. georgeness at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 01:40:45 CEST 2014

I am running an iOS build of the latest ZMQ (4.x). When I call zmq_send(),
I get a crash/assert in mutex.hpp:99 at the line posix_assert(rc), with an
error message of "Invalid argument". Socket access is definitely 1 socket
per thread, although there are 7-10 threads (with their own sockets)
calling send on the same inproc channel (of type ZMQ_PUSH). I have not been
able to get a consistent recipe, and there are many times when it doesn't
crash.
I found in the mailing list archives that there was a similar problem
before version 1, but was fixed. Could iOS be bringing the issue out again?

Thanks in advance for any hints/ideas,
George