[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ WebSocket Transport

Bjorn Reese breese at mail1.stofanet.dk
Tue Aug 12 15:50:57 CEST 2014

On 08/12/2014 01:58 PM, Doron Somech wrote:

> ZWS is a ZeroMQ over WebSockets, the protocol is raw and subject to
> changes. After some discussion with Michael Haberler we agreed that
> having a binary protocol is better (currently the protocol support text
> messages only), however the RFC is not yet updated. You can read the rfc
> at http://rfc.zeromq.org/spec:39

I have only looked very briefly at this, so I may be missing something.

Have you considered using the WebSocket continuation opcode instead of
encoding the more flag into ZWS? That way all ZMTP meta-data can be
handled outside the WebSocket payload, and the latter will be an exact
copy of the ZMTP body.