[zeromq-dev] Advice on server sync architecture

Gerry Weaver gerryw at compvia.com
Tue Aug 12 10:45:50 CEST 2014

Hello All,

Well... I guess it's time to call it a night. The information provided about the requirements was pretty much nonexistent. These servers synchronize configuration and state information between each other. The idea is that a client can connect to any server in the cluster and get the current state and configuration of all servers in the cluster. High performance is not really a requirement in this case. The main goal was to avoid the need for a central management server. It looks like PUB/SUB might work, but I would need to deal with disconnection detection and synchronization state. Currently a server can publish a sync status request to all other servers and receive an in memory and on disk state version from each. For example, this occurs when a client connects to a particular server. It looks like I may have to combine several zeromq concepts/patterns to achieve this.

Thanks,
-G